Sunday, April 17, 2011

charity to feel happy and not miserable..

I have got a new problem these days and its making me crazy!! Whenever I go to my local Romford Market, I am mauled by zillion charity workers trying to get my bank details. They torture you with there taunts, tell you gruesome stories and make you feel guilty. 
And, no matter how much charity you do otherwise not contributing to 'there' charity is all that matters to them. They comment on your clothes, your watch, your bag and if by chance you are sipping a cup of coffee then you are dead! And if its starbucks, god save you coz they hate starbucks! Believe me they make you so miserable that you just want to go home and sulk that you can't afford to contribute to every charity in the world!

Its like going to the market happy and coming back sad, literally they wipe off the smile on your face!! So, the shopaholic in me started thinking of ways to avoid those mean people and then I changed my route. To my bad luck found another group there and I was so scared that I ran back home without even looking back. It may sound funny or untrue but people like me who are emotional and want to support the world can really feel miserable if sometimes they can't.

 am not against charity but I like to do things my own way and I think I should be allowed to do that without any interference or approval of a charity worker. So, I am doing my bit this month by participating in the childreach international charity craft fair held on the 24th April (easter sunday) at Long Meldford Village Hall, Hall Street, Sudbury from 10-4. So, if you around or not doing much that day please take a pause for a cause and join us to browse through various crafts stalls (including products from holii). There will also be some tea coffee and cakes. If you need help with the location please leave a message, I will be happy to help!

We hope to see you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment